Monday 3 January 2011

Creating my first ancillary task (newspaper poster)

              For me to be able to do my first ancillary task which is a newspaper poster I used combination of two Adobe programs which are Photoshop and In Design. I will be using Photoshop to amend the pictures and also to change my logo a little bit such as the size of the picture of Lambeth Town hall in the logo. However, I will be using In Design more because I find it easier and comfortable to do it there as it has more layout guidelines.

My nameplate is one of the most important elements for my newspaper in general, so I placed this first on the page. I decided to put it o the top so that the audience can easily recognise the brand name of the newspaper. I continued to use the colour blue because this is my main colour scheme for my newspaper. However, I decided fill the background yellow because I strongly think that this bright yellow is eye catchy therefore it will subconsciously attract the audience t look on the page.





I then placed the two photographs that are related to my headline. (Note: Those are not the photographs that I will be using for my real newspaper poster; this is only a draft as those are not originally taken by me). This action challenges the convention of a newspaper poster because it usually has only one photograph or none used at all. I decided to use two pictures to give the audience more information  and better connection with the victim and her family.



I added the headline which is in very big, bold and black writing. This perfectly followed the convention of a newspaper poster in terms of the headline as I haven't come across any coloured and small headline fonts. I moved the pictures at the bottom because I think this layout gives a more professional polished look rather than having two pictures on top of the headline.



I created a rectangular shape and filled this in colour yellow to match the top of the page.


Finally, I added a tagline and placed it on the yellow background. This is the draft of my newspaper poster:

No comments:

Post a Comment